Technology changes daily, bringing us new revolutionizing products. The ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless Router is a great example. If youre looking to upgrade your internet experience, look no further. The features offered by this new Asus wireless router will improve your home network speed, range, and reliability drastically.
- Offers a combined dual-band data transfer rate of up to 2334 Mbps. It offers the transfer of smooth video playback (4K/UHD), lightning fast file sharing (small or large files), as well as a minimal dormancy for online gaming.
- USB 3.0 ports built-in, delivering data transmission to storage devices, printers along with 3G/4G dongles, up to ten times quicker than USB 2.0 (backwards compatible).
- You will have access to the ASUS Ai-Cloud 2.0, which will allows you to gain access to your files, for streaming and sharing on any device that is connected to the internet, sync and share to your heart’s desire.
- Ai-Radar offers signal coverage for up to 5,000 ft, which is an incredible range.
- Ai-Protection delivers total network security, parental control in addition to delivering privacy protection.
- Installation and network control has been modified to give complete user friendly setup and use.
You will notice that the ASUS RT-AC87U is fitted with four separate antennas. Due to this fact it offers the user maximum link rates, it aids in delivering great distance coverage for connections, thus you can have signal anywhere on your property or in your home, unless you are living on a thousand acres. This router delivers an effective range for Wi-Fi that is quite extraordinary, with great stability even over a distance of 91 meters or 300 feet.
When tested over a period of 48 hours, the ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless Router presented no problems. It was set to constantly transfer data using both wired and Wi-Fi transfers during this time. Not once during the process did any of the links show even one break in the transmission process. So whether you need to do data sharing or media streaming, this router will deliver what is essential with a multitude of reliability. However, this testing process did cause the router to incur some heat, but not enough to raise any concern.
Tested with a normal 33 Wi-Fi connection, the router did produce 279Mbps / 504Mbps respectively for long or close range, which is quite great. The ASUS RT-AC87U has interactive network mapping as one of the features it presents. This allows the user to see all connected devices, interact with them, or see all required information about each link.
This routers numerous multi-purpose USB ports also relays to the functionality of the device. You can connect with ease to external hard drives, printers and your cable or dsl modem. The features presented with this router allow for sync functions, less PC download time, on top of the instinctive Time Machine back-up support it offers, with advanced built-in network storage.
The ASUS RT-AC87U also has a VPN server feature built-in. This will permit you to set-up a protected Virtual Private Network for any remote users. Additionally it also provides support for IPv6, Dynamic DNS and a firewall that can be customized added to the other supplementary features it supplies. Do keep in mind however, that once you assign a fixed IP to another device, the device is then recalled by the IP address it is assigned and not its name. This could be a problem if multiple users are assigned IP’s, write down the name and IP to remember who is assign which number.
The ASUS RT-AC87U router is also equipped with New Adaptive Quality of Service and Ai-Protection. These features are not present on the previous models that Asus released before the RT-AC87U.
The Adaptive Quality of Service arranges your internet bandwidth in accordance to the traffic category and use. You can prioritize your traffic in accordance to importance for gaming, web surfing, file transferring, audio streaming, video streaming, and other usage methods. Organize these in agreement to importance from high to low, and the router will do the rest. If you do not require this feature, it can be turned on or off although it does take a couple of minutes to change.